Publishing Sales Executive, Mare Nostrum Group Ltd
Mare Nostrum Group is a full-service publishing company providing distribution, sales, marketing, data management, recruitment, and consultancy services to commercial and university academic publishers in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience, and an in-house team of over 30 employees, the Group is split into three divisions with distinct offerings:
- Mare Nostrum offers print and digital distribution, sales, marketing and consultancy services to commercial academic publishers.
- Combined Academic Publishers offers print and digital distribution, sales and marketing
- Mare Nostrum Recruitment offers a collaborative and tailored recruitment service across all publishing areas.
We are looking to recruit a Sales Executive to promote and sell print and digital textbooks of our client publishers, assist with e-vendor management and support other sales and marketing functions within the business. Reporting into the Academic Sales Manager, this would be an ideal first or second role for the appropriate candidate looking to build their sales experience in publishing or broaden their responsibilities from a previous role.
- Working with the sales and marketing team to select key textbooks and devise and execute sales campaigns
- Academic research looking for appropriate courses for selected textbooks
- Management of email campaigns, including creation, implementation and analysis
- Building relationships with academics to win textbook adoptions, incorporating occasional field visits
- Working with wider teams to ensure sales efforts are coordinated
- Promoting selling digital content to institutions directly and via third parties
- Supporting the Academic Sales Manager with e-vendor management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in written and verbal form
- Positive, proactive and professional approach
- Highly self-motivated, able to operate and achieve sales adoption targets with minimal supervision
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Private healthcare
- Pension plan via NEST
- 25 – 28 days holiday plus 1 additional day for birthday
- Team building days and events
- Hybrid working
Mare Nostrum Group provides an inclusive and nurturing work environment in which we encourage all our employees to learn and focus on their own personal development. There are opportunities for growth and career development within the company.
We welcome applications from all members of society and embrace a diverse workforce.
To enable an equitable experience for all and give you the best chance of success, if you have any specific requirements for any stage of the interview process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org