Tailored, inclusive recruitment services for publishing.
Delivering a collaborative and tailored recruitment service from entry to board level, drawing on our extensive publishing knowledge, and our in-house and external recruitment experience.
We recruit across all areas, with a specific focus on publishing organisations.
What Makes Us Different
- 20 years of publishing industry knowledge, combined with the experience and expertise of our recruitment team.
- Our established client relationships with world-renowned academic publishers and our reputation for delivering high quality publishing services.
- Expertise in various facets of publishing, enabling us to tailor candidate selection based upon our practical knowledge.
- We provide a conscientious, bespoke service and spend time seeking to understand the expectations of hiring managers and the values and culture of the business they represent. This rigorous approach enables us to expertly match candidates to opportunities.
How We Recruit
- Thorough consultation with our clients to understand the specifics of each individual vacancy.
- Posting job adverts on multiple platforms and social media sites, plus proactive candidate searching.
- Helping our clients develop job specs, adverts, and interview processes for each unique role.
- We support and prep our candidates for every stage of the recruitment process including interview prep, mentoring, and confidence building.
- We work with clients to support their DEI recruitment strategies.
- We evaluate every application and candidate thoroughly, and always conduct the initial interview. Only once we are confident of a skills/experience/personality match would we submit a candidate for your consideration.
Register with us
If you would like to register your details with us, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgView Open Roles
Corporate and Social Responsibility
At MNG we are committed to initiatives that protect our environment, support an inclusive workforce, and give back to communities and charitable organizations that help and support others.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DEI is built into our policies, procedures, and practices, affecting how our company operates, and how we partner with our clients and candidates.
Our professional standards are maintained through ensuring our industry knowledge is up-to-date through regular training and accreditations. We have explored partnership opportunities with leading government bodies and organisations around disability, including Business Disability Form and DWP Disability Confident.
- We use traditional job boards and search engines to attract a large audience, broadening the net as much as we can, and also use niche tools to target a more specific audience.
- We use job posting and candidate search providers that champion DEI so that we can reach diverse audiences and underrepresented talent.
- A client’s approach and commitment to DEI is always referenced.
- We make specific reference to welcoming all applicants regardless of background, in line with the Equality Act.
To mitigate bias during recruitment and selection:
- We work with our client’s own recruitment systems to manage their candidate selection and interview process.
- Removing personal data (name, gender, school/university) from CVs can enable focus solely on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Initial client interviews may be scheduled without video; using voice only.
- We support clients in their need to champion diversity on job panels, who may engage an independent DEI challenger (for example HR Business Partners) in the process.
- We support our client’s use of consistent interview processes, standardised interview questions, and unconscious bias training.
- To enable an equitable experience for all, giving candidates the best chance of success, we discretely ask if they have any specific requirements for any stage of the interview process.
Code of Professional Practice
We comply with the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) Code of Professional Practice, following their principles that incorporate statutory compliance and best practice. This demonstrates to our clients and candidates our commitment to operating at a higher ethical level than statutory obligations.
- We are always transparent and honest with our clients and candidates. Our recruitment processes are fully documented to ensure there is a clear audit trail.
- We demonstrate our commitment to DEI through our policies and procedures under the guidance and guidelines of the REC.
- We adhere to the spirit of all applicable human rights, employment laws, and regulations, engaging with candidates and clients without prejudice or unjustified discrimination. We treat all candidates and clients with dignity and respect and aim to provide equity of employment opportunities. In our own business we safeguard against unlawful or unethical discrimination.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As an REC member we observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, equity, and fair practice to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of candidate and client information.
- We are registered with the ICO in order to process personal data.
- We always ensure we have obtained consent prior to disclosing, transferring, displaying, submitting, or seeking confidential or personal information.
- We use the REC’s standard terms or engagement for engaging candidates.
- Our terms and conditions for engaging with clients are verified by the REC.
Members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), supporting us in providing the highest standards of professional recruitment service to our clients.